Friday, September 28, 2012

Pumpkin Frozen Yogurt

Fall is here...I think.  Because we live in the Valley of the Sun, it is sometimes difficult to tell when autumn is officially here.  My mind tells me that it is time for baked pumpkin yummies, but the temperature outside (today around 100) tells me that it is time for ice cream.

So, to reconcile the two, I decided to follow a recipe that I found on Pintrest and make Frozen Pumpkin Yogurt.  It was so easy and only used four ingredients.


Homemade Pumpkin Frozen Yogurt
1 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt, strained
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice


Mix the four ingredients together and stick in the freezer.  Set a buzzer for one hour and stir.  Set the buzzer for another hour and stir.  One more time, and you are done:)

I altered the recipe a bit (as I usually do...haha) and used agave instead of sugar.

In the end, I guess I didn't stir often enough because it is frozen pretty solid and is also more bitter than I imagined.  Guess I will do some adjusting to the recipe.  If I find a combination that I like better, I will follow up here with a new recipe:)


1 comment:

  1. good idea, Allison! i love pumpkin anything. i would think, since everything in your ingredients list is edible without cooking and such, you could just taste test for sugar content before you freeze. if it tastes good before it freezes, i imagine it should taste good at a different temp. i will try this over the weekend and see! thanks for the idea! love that you didn't have the perfect result and shared the imperfect one!

    ReplyDelete