Sunday, September 16, 2012

Chicken and Veggie Bake

I am always on the lookout for quick, healthy, whole food recipes that don't break the bank.  While looking around on Pintrest the other day, I came across a recipe that caught my eye.  I made a few alterations for our family and it turned out great.  Here is our Chicken and Veggie Bake.

I began preheating the oven to 350 degrees and sprayed a 9X13 dish with non-stick spray.  I had forgotten to thaw the chicken so I put in three pounds of frozen chicken tenderloins:)  I looked around to see what veggies that I had on hand that would go well in this dish and came up with new potatoes, baby carrots, broccoli, and yellow squash.  I chopped these veggies and placed them on either side of the frozen chicken like this.


 I baked the dish covered for 40 minutes.   Here is a picture of the final product.  Yum!  My kids prefer the carrots and broccoli to the potatoes so next time I will have more of those and less potatoes.



No comments:

Post a Comment