Sunday, January 22, 2012

The leaning tower of laundry

If you think that title is an exaggeration, it's not.  We currently do between three and five loads of laundry every day.  Partly because I do cloth diapers, but, that is what it takes to keep us all in clean clothes, towels, sheets, and diapers.  As long as I stick to the schedule there is no problem...lots of work but no problem.

But, the other day, as I opened the washer to move the wet laundry to the dryer, I knew that there was a problem.  My laundry was still dripping.  Wanting to give my washer the benefit of the doubt, I restarted the spin cycle to no avail.  So, I began hand wringing the laundry...only because there was really no other option.  I have a phobia (well, maybe just a strong dislike) of public laundry facilities and there is no way I am lugging six kids there...even in a pinch.  So, it was hand wringing and double dryer cycles to get the cloth diapers clean.  Everything else could wait...and I switched to paper diapers for the meantime!

My wonderfully talented husband had the machine apart, repaired,and back together in a matter of three days.  But that means 10-15 loads behind...not to mention the 3-5 new loads that we produce every day.  So, after one long laundry day and then adding in an extra load or two everyday for a week, we are finally caught up...on the washing.  Even the leaning tower of laundry on my living room couch has been put away.  Here is a picture of my cleared couch:)




Ahhh...now I am ready to start the laundry week over again...minus all the extra loads!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for handy husbands and cleared off couches! Whew! That is one chore you don't want to get behind on...

    ReplyDelete